FSCO has released a draft of its statement of priorities for 2011. Some of the activities being considered are:
– Audit reviews of compliance with 2010 auto reforms, including Statutory Accident Benefits
– Work with stakeholders to identify measures that will reduce fraud and abuses in the auto insurance industry
– Undertake long-term initiatives from the 2010 auto insurance reforms – Minor Injury Treatment protocol, catastrophic impairment definition and closed claims study
– Consider additional tools in enforcement of insurance regulation such as administrative monetary penalties
– Initiate electronic mediation scheduling and explore feasibility of private sector medation/arbitration service providers to assist with increased workload resolution services.
FSCO is inviting comments on this draft by June 7, 2011.