The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) has announced major changes to the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS), effective June 1, 2016.
These changes include the following:
- Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits, as well as Attendant Care Benefits, will be combined with respect to limits
- For non-catastrophic claims, the maximum will be $65,000.00 for up to five years from the date of accident
- For catastrophic claims, the maximum is $1,000,000.00, over a lifetime
- Non-Earner Benefit – $185.00 per week, payable after four weeks but only to a maximum of two years following the accident
- Catastrophic Impairment Designation – a whole new criteria for determining catastrophic impairment will be in force
FSCO has provided a new Attendant Care Hourly Rate Guideline, reflecting an increase to $11.25 per hour, effective October 1, 2015.
The Professional Services Guideline fees for 2015 remain unchanged from the previous year.
The bulletin can be read in its entirety by clicking on the link below: